Sunday, January 20, 2008

Wow. I didn't expect to see that . . . .

I had myself convinced that everything was all over. They took my blood pressure at my appointment, and it was 140/90, which is really high for me (I'm usually 115/70). The nurse asked if I was nervous. I said "Yea, a little." (A major understatement.) After a tortuous half hour wait for the ultrasound, the nurse practitioner finally comes in and starts the ultrasound. After about five seconds, she says "Well, aren't you cute?" and there was the baby on the screen. She then said "And the heartbeat looks great. It is about 150 beats per minute, which is great." I finally started breathing for the first time in about a week. She said that the area where there had been a subchorionic hemorrage was all healed. I said "Wow, I didn't realize how worried I was that it wasn't going to be good until now." She said that if I need to have ultrasound between now and my next appointment for "my sanity", she said to not hesitate to call. I thought that was really nice. The baby is measuring a few days ahead, which makes the early positive pregnancy tests make more sense. I apparently ovulated really early in my cycle. We definitely weren't trying, and if we had been, I would have just assumed that I was going to ovulate around day 14 like I usually do, and we would have missed it.

I, of course, am not ready to just assume that I'm going to have a baby in late August/early September, but I have to admit that I'm feeling just a little bit hopeful.

My next appointment is Friday, February 15th. I should be 11 weeks then. It will probably be a long 4 weeks.

-Andie (7W2D)

No comments: