Thursday, January 03, 2008

So he knows . . . .

I wasn't going to tell my husband about this pregnancy. We had a long talk about a month and he told me how difficult it would be for him if I got pregnant again. We had talked about it briefly on and off for the last year, but I didn't understand until that night how much he really did not want to have another baby. So I figured that this pregnancy would probably be over soon, and that it would just cause him more stress to tell him, and that it just be better to not tell him.

But then he asked me if I was, and I sat there for a few moments debating about telling the truth or lying, and I finally decided to go with the truth.

I am still not feeling very positive that this is a viable pregnancy. I think that this pregnancy is most likely an ectopic pregnancy. I have several symptoms of an ectopic pregnancy. Unfortunately, it is tough to diagnose an ectopic pregnancy until 7 weeks. I wasn't even going to tell my doctor, but I finally decided yesterday to give them a heads up about the situation. The dr. wants me to come in on Friday. They probably will do a blood test, but at this point, all that will really tell me is that I'm pregnant, and I already know that. They'll probably schedule an ultrasound for 6 1/2 weeks too. And tell me to go to the ER if I have severe pain or bleeding. I'm a little annoyed that I have to go to the dr. this week anyway. Nobody can tell me for a couple weeks if this pregnancy is viable, and I think that the dr. appointment is going to cause me more stress than I already have.

No comments: