Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Not much to report

I honestly thought that this pregnancy would be over by now. I haven't had any symptoms of a miscarriage yet, although it is still really early, so it could still happen. I had my last miscarriage at almost 14 weeks, and my first at 7 weeks, so I still have weeks and weeks to go before I feel in the clear on that. I still don't really anticipate that I will have a baby at the end of this. I am not feeling all that pregnant this week. I feel like I will go to my next appointment and that there will be no heartbeat.

Of course, who knows if I will even be able to go to my next appointment? I'm dealing with a gigantic insurance situation right now. I technically have private individual insurance until January 28th, but there is no maternity coverage (didn't think I'd be needing it!) I applied in December (before I knew I was pregnant) for insurance through the state because I would pay quite a bit less for my monthly premium thorugh the state insurance plan. Also, I know that they have maternity coverage. So when I went for my dr. appointment last Friday, I told them that I needed to get the card from the state and that I would fax them a copy as soon as it arrived. I didn't tell them that I had other insurance because I knew that the other insurance company wouldn't cover it anyway. The dr's office begrudgingly agreed to wait to get the card, but told me that I needed to have a copy of it before I could see the dr. for my next appointment. I've called the state every day since last Wednesday, usually three or four times a day, and I can't get the caseworker to call me back. So I only have 10 1/2 days to a) get my caseworker to call me back and get her to fax the information to my drs. office b) receive a copy of my card in the mail and fax it to the office or c) get enough $$ to pay for the visit out of pocket, plus the first visit (NOT going to happen). I'm also supposed to go get that bloodwork done before my next visit, and I can't get that done either until this insurance thing is straightened out. I don't know if I am going to have it done anyway, but at this point, I don't even have the option of deciding whether or not to do it.

Time goes by SOOOOOOOOOOOOO slowly during early pregnancy. It seems like I've known about this pregnancy forever, and it has only been 15 days.

- Andie (5W1D)

No comments: