Wednesday, January 16, 2008

So I went and had my blood test yesterday

I didn't want to do it, but I figured that the dr's office would be annoyed if I went to my appointment on Friday and I hadn't had it done. I called to get my results this morning and the dr's office said that they weren't in. Of course, they called back when I was out. So I called them back and let them know that I was home and they could call anytime. That was an hour and a half ago and I still haven't heard back yet. I mean, now that I got the blood test results, I feel like I need to know that numbers, but I probably shouldn't find out. I'm either going to freak out because they seem too low or too high. I really should just wait and go to my appointment on Friday and have the ultrasound. On Friday, I should be able to see a little baby with a heartbeat. I haven't had any problems, but I'm still having a hard time feeling hopeful. I just keep wondering what the point is of going through this pregnancy, however long it lasts, but especially if it is over soon? And if I do manage to carry to term and I have a healthy, normal baby, was this baby meant to be? Did this child need to be here for a reason? Or is this all just random?

Andie (6W2D)

Edited to add: I did get my numbers back later today. My beta HCG level was 29,886 and my progesterone was 31.4. Totally normal numbers for where I am in the pregnancy. It makes me feel a little better, but it still doesn't guarantee that I'll see a heartbeat on Friday.

No comments: