Friday, January 04, 2008

I went to the dr. today

It is NOT an ectopic pregnancy. The midwife saw a sac in the uterus. It looks like I'm about 5 weeks along, which is pretty close according to my LMP (technically, I'm 4W4D.) She also saw a normal to a little large cyst on my right side that could be cause for some of the pain. She also said that I have a pretty bad bladder infection, which also could be causing the pain on the right side. I also have a little "spot" that could have been a subchorionic hemmorrage, but she said that it looks like it is resolving itself now instead of starting. It is pretty close to the baby, and I asked her if that was a problem and she said that it shouldn't be. I'm not sure if I believe her, but whatever.

I also am supposed to go to the lab and get a beta hCG and progesterone check, but I'm going to wait until Monday to do it, if I do it at all.

So now it is just a waiting game. And it's a long wait too. I've got to get past the 7 week ultrasound check for the heartbeat, and then past 13 weeks to get past the date of my last miscarriage, and then I'm going to do amnio around 15-16 weeks and it will be a few weeks after that before I know anything. So I've got about 4 months before I'll feel like this pregnancy is going to go o.k.

- Andie (4W4D)

No comments: