Monday, February 25, 2008

Today's the day

I am 12 weeks 5 days today. This is the day in my last pregnancy when I found out that the baby had died.

Thankfully, I have a dr's appointment today, so I should be able to find out whether or not this baby is doing o.k.

It's been a wild few days. I had another bleeding episode on Thursday. With the dr. still out of town until today, they couldn't bring me in to do an ultrasound. So they ended up sending me to the hospital and going straight to radiology instead of going through the ER. The tech was looking for signs of why I was bleeding and she wasn't looking at the baby at first, and I literally almost hyperventilated with worry because I thought something was wrong with the baby. But then she went over by the baby, and the baby is fine.

The causes of the bleeding are low-lying placenta and I have a small hematoma in my placenta. The tech called over to the dr's office, and the nurse said that I needed to be on complete bedrest for two weeks. But the good news is that most of the time, as the uterus grows, the placenta moves and the bleeding stops. The bleed should heal over time too.

I'm, of course, still a little worried, but nobody seems to be overly concerned, so I'm trying to relax as much as possible.

Oh, I also got the results back from my blood test that they did during my nuchal fold test and it came back with a positive result. This is the same thing that happened to my sister a few weeks ago. The nurse said that most likely my age is the the thing that made my result come back positive, but they want to have me see a high risk dr anyway. Partly because of these results, but also because of my age, my number of miscarriages, and now this placenta issue. So I have a dr. appt with the high risk dr. tomorrow.

I will probably get an ultrasound today and again tomorrow with the high risk dr. I've certainly got plenty of peeks at this little one.

Cross your fingers that everything is still going o.k.

-Andie (12 weeks 5 days)

No comments: