Friday, February 15, 2008

Baby looks good (m)

My husband went to the ultrasound with me, which surprised me a little bit, but I was so glad that he came with me. I mean, everything was fine, but it was just nice to have him there.

At first, the baby was sleeping, which kind of concerned me, because during my last pregnancy, I went in for my NT test, and the baby was sleeping, and they could not get the baby to wake up, and then a week or so later, there was no heartbeat, and they estimated that the baby had died just a couple days after the test. But they had me suck on a peppermint candy and the baby woke up and started moving all over the place. The heartrate was 160. The baby was 5 cm, and measuring at more like 11 weeks, 6 days when I was 11 weeks, 1 day. The nuchal fold measurement was 1.7 mm, which according to my doctor is "very good". They did a blood test too, and the nuchal fold measurement will be combined with the results of the blood test and they will give me my risk of having a baby with genetic problems. I'm hoping for the best. I should have the results in a week.

We have decided to wait and find out the results from the bloodtest and to then make a decision on amnio. I think we are both leaning on not doing it at this point.

I asked to come in to the office in two weeks for a heartbeat check which would put me at just past the date of my last miscarriage. (I'll be 13 weeks in two weeks and my last miscarriage was at 12 weeks 5 days.) I'm hoping that if I hear the heartbeat then, I'll start to worry a little bit less. I can always hope, right?

Some days, I'm still like "I'm pregnant?????????"


- Andie (11 weeks, 2 days)

No comments: