Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I'm not feeling reassured

I know two people who have had trisomy 18 babies. Neither of them carried to term. I e-mailed them today about my results and they were both concerned. Really concerned. The blood test IS just a screening and doesn't guarantee that I will have a baby with trisomy 18, but they felt that it is probably likely that I am carrying a baby with trisomy 18, especially with those odds. I told my husband about the appointment and then about what the people said. We are both just kind of numb.

It seems like I am forever waiting with this pregnancy. Now I have to wait for three weeks for amnio and at least a week after that to get results. I won't know anything definitive for a month.

I probably won't update this blog for awhile unless there is something definitive to report. At least until after my appointment. It is March 18th at 1 pm. I won't know anything until then, and probably not much that day either. It doesn't seem like it would do much good to write anything until then since it would just be posts about worrying and stressing about not knowing about whether we are going to have to make a really difficult decision.

- Andie (12 weeks 6 days)

No comments: