Monday, November 02, 2009

All Souls Day

Today, it was All Souls Day. Last year, I went out to your grave and put flowers on the grave. Today, I wanted to, but I had a feeling that I wouldn't make it out to the grave and I didn't. I'm sorry.

But we did talk about you. We were talking about relatives that had died. Your daddy told some stories about his grandparents, and I told stories about mine, and your brother, your sweet brother who SO wishes you were here, said "I have some memories about someone who died. I remember Christopher. I remember that he was in your tummy. I remember that he died and his body went to the cemetery. I remember that we celebrated his birthday. I remember that he is my brother."

He remembers you. He may have never met you. And while your daddy and I saw you, we never really got a chance to meet you either. But we remember. Your sisters remember. We all remember. Even if I don't get out to your grave, please don't think that it isn't because we forgot. We remember.

No comments: