Friday, March 27, 2009

364 days ago

we met and said good-bye to Christopher. Today, we went to his grave to wish him a happy birthday. We put flowers on the grave - five red and one white and let balloons go - five blue and one happy birthday.

Tomorrow, on his actual birthday, we will light a candle given to me from a special friend, and we will sing "Happy Birthday" and we will eat cake.

We decided it would be better to have his actual birthday be more of a celebration, and the day before the day we went to the cemetery.

I don't have anything really philosophical to say to wrap up. I'm doing better and I'm starting to accept what has happened. But I'm still sad that he is gone. I still wish that we would have been celebrating him turning 7 months old (his due date was August 28th) with a trip to the park instead of putting flowers on his grave. 2008 was a very difficult year - with having to deal with the surprise of his pregnancy, the complications, his death, and dealing with all the things that happened as we tried to grieve.

Happy Birthday Christopher. We love you and miss you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Andie,
I am so saddened for the loss of your son, Christopher. I cannot even begin to imagine what pain and sorrow you and your family have suffered in the past year. I hope and pray that one day you will be reunited with your precious baby boy. For now, know that he is safe and sound rocking in the arms of our dear Lord and Savior.

All my best,
Diane Ogg